Thursday, September 8, 2011

Change of plan!

So my scarf has turned into a collar, of sorts.  I got it to the point where it would wrap around my neck with a little overlap, and decided that I had already made one scarf, this would be perfect.  I decided to make it button to one side.

I didn't realize that this was folly until I started making the buttonhole and realized I had no idea how to make a buttonhole.  This was a problem.

So I punted.  In the middle of the cable twining (the plain space in the center, that is), instead of hdc 4, I chained 4 and worked from there.  The cables obscure the edges a touch, but I'm not overly concerned with it - I figure that should help it be more snug.

The challenge now is finding a button that'll fit that I like.  Those two things aren't always the same.  I'll post pics when it's done and a button has been found and affixed.  Woo!

No comments:

Post a Comment