Monday, August 20, 2012

In Which I Discuss Important Things

Friends and stitchers, I have a confession.

I've been craftily blocked.

See, I had a friend that I adored.  She was someone wonderful and smart and funny and sassy.  And I had a bunch of projects I'd been working on for her.  And then she committed suicide.

I cried for a week or two, talked with my therapist about it, cried some more, and I'm working on it.

But . . . every time I look at my stack of WIPs, I remember talking about what colors she wanted for this project, or how I excited I was to try this new craft for that one.  I had no idea what to do with all that stuff, those remnants of someone I loved who decided to leave us without a word about why.

There's a blanket (the one I mentioned here), an infinity scarf, a pair of fingerless gloves, two necklaces, and a sweater.

I've made up my mind on some of them - I'll probably keep the blanket, give the scarf away, finish and keep the gloves.  The sweater will most likely get frogged and rerolled into something else.  The necklaces, who knows?

It's been hard for me to get into crafting again.  I just started making a pillow the other day.  I'm not thrilled with it, but it feels . . . good to make something again.  To know that I'm helping create something, when it feels so often that everything's crumbling . . . .that's good.

No comments:

Post a Comment