Thursday, August 25, 2011

Don't Do This!

People often ask me what the difference between crochet and knitting is, and I usually give a sort of technical answer (hook vs. needles, type of stitches, etc).  The thing I rarely say is that people are more willing to do crazy, stupid, down-right ugly things with crochet.  Does that mean crocheters are more creative?  Not really.  More willing to take risks?  I think so.

I was browsing around Ravelry today, and found . . . well.  No offense to the pattern maker, because it's a very . . . creative idea.  But, please, lovely readers and friends, don't do this:


I can't imagine why you would want to do that to a harmless teapot.  What did it ever do to you?  and it . . . I get that you want it to look like coral, but . . . no.  It looks sort of like the Yip Yip aliens from Sesame Street decided your teapot was real purty, if you know what I'm saying, and I think you do.

My lovely friends, I encourage creativity with anything you do, but . . . god.  Don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment